26. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost

Monday, April 29, 2013

Birthday In Brasil

I celebrated my 19th birthday in Brasil.  How many people can say that?  It was a fun one, that’s for sure.  I had a party with friends, exchange students, friends from campo grande, and Duda’s group of friends that I’ve grown to like a lot.  I didn’t really want a huge party, I just wanted a relaxing night.  So we made it a game night, of cards, Dutch Blitz, and charades.  Charades in Portuguese can be really challenging at time, but when you guess correctly, it’s really rewarding.  I celebrated on Saturday night, the day before my birthday.   At midnight everyone began clapping and singing the birthday song.  Then later instead of cake we had tandycakes and brownies, so I blew out two sets of candles, to the English birthday song, and to the Portuguese birthday song.

Parabéns pra você
Nesta data querida
Muitas felicidades
Muitos anos de vida!*

Congratulations to you
On this dear date
Much happiness
Many years of life


Sunday, on my birthday I was so happy to be able to skype my youth group back home.  It was so nice to see everyone and know that soon I’ll be seeing them in person.  Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes via facebook, emails, and cards.   It’s nice to know people are thinking of me.  


The menue: Sandwhiches, sweets, chips, and drinks

Brigadeiro, otherwise known as God's gift to the planet!

Friends :)

Charades

My hilarious host Aunt Adriana,

Me, my host sister Duda, and my host mother Patricia.  

I got sung the birthday song twice!  Once in Portuguese, and once in English.

An awesome present from my friend Celia.  Aren't homemade presents the best?!

No comments:

Post a Comment