26. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost

Friday, May 17, 2013

Boat Ride

My host dad loves to go boating, so one Saturday we went out on the water.  I invited my exchangee friend Peter since he loves anything to do with  motors.  We embarqued at the yacht club which  is right by the sugar loaf mountains and went all the way to Niteroi.  In Rio they have this joke that goes:  “what’s the best view from Niteroi……..Rio”.   The thing about jokes is that the humor is different in other cultures is that for  foreigners it’s not usually funny.  That’s also one of the reasons they warn us to not make jokes at first, because what we consider funny could be offensive in another culture.

The ride was really enjoyable, and the weather absolutely perfect!  Oh, and a short side note-my hair is sort of turning red in the sun, it wasn’t just the photo!  Today we’re leaving to Angra dos Reis to spend the weekend.  Today it poured to the point where a street lamp exploded.  I was waiting for a bus when I heard/saw it.  That was frightening.  So we’re hoping the weather improves so we can go on a boat ride this weekend as well!




Completly unaware that I was the object of photography.

Os Gringos.

Not from the boat ride....but a funny pic from a beach day.  They will do
anything to sell you food!  Hahaha

My host father's boat.


Peter (from Germany) and I enjoying the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment