26. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost

Monday, May 6, 2013

Meet My Host Family


My host family is incredible, they make me feel like a part of the family. 

My host father Carlos is an engineer and teaches at the federal university.  His favorite pastime is sailing on his boat.  He goes every weekend the weather is good.

My host mother Patrícia works as the assistant to a judge.  She loves her dogs, and spending time with her friends. 

My host sister Duda is 22 years old, and she’s getting ready to study modeling/fashion in college.  She had been in university studying pharmacy but decided that it just wasn’t for her.  Because of the way the college system works in Brazil she has to take a course to be able to enter in another university. 

Their daughter Marcella is on exchange in California this year, but I do not know her.  I met her at my first rotary event, my first  week here, but there were so many people and I didn’t get to know her. 

We’re planning a weekend in Angra dos Reis where we’ll go out on the boat.  I’m really looking forward to it!




No comments:

Post a Comment